This position is only for the duration of 6 months (project based)
Would you like to be involved at all stages of the software development process – specifying, designing, testing and integrating the advanced software for use in our world-leading products?
Do you enjoy software development and would you like to expand your skill set and see your programming efforts through to commercial, external customer driven, deliverables? Then this is an exciting opportunity for you to apply.
As part of ASML’s Recipe Handling group, you will develop and build software solutions that are instrumental to have our lithographic machines operating very productive while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industry high standards.
Since software is an integrating competency, it is an essential added value for ASML. You will be involved at all stages of the software development process; specifying, designing, testing and integrating the advanced software for use in our world-leading products.
You will be responsible for creating clear specifications on requirements, making efficient design choices, to ‘make it happen’ by also implementing the design and verify the implementation.
Next to this, you will be responsible for providing effort estimates for the work at hand and identify dependencies on others. Together with your team leader you will schedule your activities and agree on when to deliver the required specifications.
The software delivered is documented and qualified by means of automated test cases.
You will interface with both internal and external clients. Our main core is data transformation and our group is linked to many other groups within the software cluster.
- Bachelor or Master level with an education in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3-7 years of relative experience.
- Demonstrable expertise in C, C++, Qt, object oriented programming, Unix/Linux, Solaris, Python, and software configuration management (ClearCase);
- Experienced in working in a (Agile) team environment is highly desirable;
- Previous ASML software experience is a pré.
You should first be passionate about technology and you should be excited by the idea that your work will impact millions of end-users worldwide;
- We are looking for someone who has a deep technical experience, but at the same time likes to communicate with other departments and wants to understand how complex systems work;
- You should be analytical, product and quality-oriented;
- You should have a keen eye for detail;
- You are used to work in a highly complex and procedural environment. To you, proper design and code documentation is mandatory and you like to keep your work with a high level of structure and clarity;
- You like to work in a team with many senior design engineers with whom you can exchange technical ideas and debate upon the best solution for each project.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the department Machine Control (MC) is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the high level control and data access software of the complex lithographic machines. ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from MC are facing several aspects of production control, data management and interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.
Ensuring that the existing behavior of the system remains as is, while introducing new functionality is a key competence in this position. The software engineer works closely together with other software engineers to define the optimal solution for ASML