This is a conversion flex / deta-vast position: candidate will work via Expat Professionals for the first year and then transfer to the payroll of ASML.
We are looking for a medior/senior Software Development Tools Specialist, a person who can take up hands-on technical lead for different tools facilitating for the so-called Extreme Ultra-Violet (EUV) Source software development environment.
Maintain and modify the implementation of tools and way of working for the EUV Source environment, in co-operation with departmental architects and the internal customer.
- Take ownership of the software development environment, specifically the build and software configuration management (SCM) modules, as provided to the internal customer.
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Investigate and implement non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line support.
- Partner in discussions with SCM and Development domain architects.
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods.
- At least Bachelor degree or equivalent in IT and/or Engineering.
- Any relevant experience and proven experience in large technical software development environments.
- Experience with software development tools used within this environment: SVN, Jira, Jenkins. Knowledge of WanDisco is a pre.
- Experience in Linux/Unix environment.
- Experience with Shell Scripting, Perl, Ruby, Python.
- Experience with Eclipse framework.
- Good communication skills are a must and proficiency in the English language.
- Show initiative and problem solving attitude.
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality.
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, customer-oriented.
- Service minded and stress tolerant.
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user.
Context of the position
The Engineering IT Services (EIS) department within the IT organization is responsible for the infrastructure and tooling for ASML’s development and engineering department. The competence center IT EIS SW is responsible for the complete software development environment that is used by more than 3000 product software developers within ASML.