The Security Architect will be responsible for the security design of IT security solutions and security solutions for specific projects that are implemented. Protection of ASML’s information, Intellectual Property (IP) and assets, and that of ASML’s customers and suppliers for the scope of the projected solution. This includes the alignment of the solution with ASML Information Security strategies and security policies/standards/ guidelines, and where necessary suggesting additions to standards in case the standards are not comprehensive for the projected solution. This position will actively participate partly day-to-day in the project team and partly defining IT security solution architectures and support for the IT organization. Tasks include creation of security-specific parts of the solution design in close cooperation with the overall solution designer. Aligning security designs with all relevant stakeholders on people, process and technology level. The Security Architect is partly project member, while also reporting to the Security Domain Architect.
Be the single point of contact for IT and Information security subjects within the project team.
- Develop and create a solution security design as part of overall solution designs.
- Ensure compliance with ASML Security strategies and security standards/ guidelines.
- Support the IT Security Risk Manager in performing security risk assessments of the solution at design and implementation phases of the project. Follow-up any potential findings by proposing risk reducing measures.
- Build excellent working relationships with the project team members and all project stakeholders, including security risk officers and IT Operational staff.
- More than 8 years’ experience in the IT Security field.
- More than 5 years’ broad experience in a Security Architecture / Solution Designer role.
- Experience with both business as well as technical side of IT Security and information security
- Working knowledge of Architecture methodologies such as ToGAF, SABSA or equivalent.
- Experience in gaining approval of security designs from Business, Architecture & Risk management approval boards
- Translating the output of security (risk) assessment into security design.
- Communicating with Stakeholders, users and Senior management
- Able to operate independently, self-starter
- Ability to interact with all levels including users, engineers, executives and senior managers
- Deep technical knowledge of IT-security and Information Security and Architecture methodology.
- Ability to overcome organizational resistance
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Analytical, precise, tenacious, autonomous
- Able to digest large amounts of new information quickly, and derive key security requirements
- Able to grasp the deep technical characteristics of new environments quickly
- Able to draft clear and concise visualizations of complex environments
- Able to fairly represent conflicting stakeholder needs to enable informed decision-making
- Able to stand your ground in a flexible / changing environment
- (Security) Architecture certification is a must.
- CISSP/CISM/ CISA or equivalent is a plus.
- Security/Technical/IT/informatics background bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)