This position is only for the duration of 6 months (project based)
Are you motivated by the challenges of leading a team and working together with multiple stakeholders. While also supporting the transformation to a SAFe organization then this might be the job for you.
As part of ASML’s Recipe Handling group, we develop and build software solutions that are instrumental to have our lithographic machines operating very productive while maintaining nanometer accuracy and making sure that the system interfaces are consistent and in accordance with the industry high standards.
Together with the software team members and the product owner you will contribute to the adoption and maturity of AGILE/Scrum/SAFe in your team, our group and the department.
Your job as Scrum master will be to lead a software team that develops software in close cooperation with other software teams. The software team implements necessary interfaces, control and validation logic (including diagnostics). Next to creating new functionality, the work of the team also consists of troubleshooting and integrating functionality in existing (legacy) software releases.
As a Scrum master you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support the team towards self-organization on an AGILE/Scrum environment
- Facilitate the team’s meetings, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives, and the daily stand-up
- Track work in progress during daily stand-up and help to identify and remove impediments for developers
- Contribute with initiatives to improve efficiency in team WoW (continuous improvement)
- Work together with product owner in handling (sudden) changes in backlog and scope
- Together with the Product Owner align the team activities with stakeholders
- Get involved in the technical details and decision making when needed.
- Bachelor or Master level with an education in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 2+ years of experience leading a team.
- Solid Project / Team / Line management experience
- Good people manager background – coaching, motivating.
- Strong knowledge on stakeholder management
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodology and practices is a must
- Experience with SAFe is a pré
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Expertise in C, C++, Qt, object oriented programming, Unix/Linux, Solaris, Python, and software configuration management (ClearCase);
- Previous ASML software experience is a pré.
- Team player.
- Quality driven.
- Good coaching skills.
- Good communication & diplomacy skills
- Not afraid to debate technical aspects within the team.
- Strategic thinking, solving today’s problems while keeping in mind a long-term plan.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the development of ASML products. Within this sector the department Machine Control (MC) is responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of the high level control and data access software of the complex lithographic machines. ASML creates high tech machines; software engineers from MC are facing several aspects of production control, data management and interface control. A huge code base is maintained and under strict configuration management to provide maximum commonality between different machine types.