This is a competence flex position for 36 months: the candidate will work via Expat Professionals for the duration of the assignment.
Do you want to work in the software department at the world market leader in scanning lithography technology where we deal with the largest code base in one archive in ClearCase? Would you like to work on our software Platform where we work with facilitating software (generic code for communication between tasks/hosts; machine configuration; machine diagnostics; generic user interface components; etc.) to code this in C, Python and for a small part in C++?
The Platform development senior software engineer will join the team responsible for:
- System start-up
- System configuration
- Hardware firmware download facility where you will help to maximize the value of the product for ASML and the customer. This maximizing will consist of maintaining and deep dive into legacy code and develop software in mainly C and Python and some small cases in C++.
Note: a product can be part of a larger system
Together with a talented team you’ll adapt an existing software framework to the new standards in a demanding environment. The time pressure will be tangible and the quality standards should be met.
- Master (or Bachelor) Level – Technical
- At least have 10 years’ experience of Software development for embedded systems.
- Knowledge of C / Python / C++
- Know how to deal with large code bases
- Experience with Linux / Unix
- SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) way of working
- ClearCase / Git / SVN
- Understanding the business drivers and explaining those in the Scrum Team
- Eliciting requirements to help define the Team backlog
- Clearly prioritizing and expressing backlog items to best achieve goals and missions
- Balancing external business and internal ASML interests in this priority setting
- Enthusiastic, flexible and assertive
- Communication skills
- Able to influence without power
- Proactive attitude
- Able to work in dynamic environment
- High degree of autonomy
- Ready to be employed for at least 3 years
Context of the position
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of the ASML products. Within D&E, the Software Cluster is concerned with the design, development, testing and integration of the complete software package which drives a generation of ASML products. Inside the SW Cluster, the department Software Infrastructure and Computer Systems (SICS) is responsible for the integration and releasing of newly developed platform software, often in close cooperation with the electronics development department. This SICS platform drives a generation of several ASML products. You will be part in a software development team within the SICS department.