With branches in more than 40 countries, the Santander Group enjoys the trust of more than 65 million customers. In the Netherlands, the Santander Consumer Finance division is housed in Utrecht. Within the Santander Group it concentrates on the provision of financial services to consumers, retailers and automotive companies and is renowned for its reliability and the unwavering focus of its range.
What do we expect?
As a Java developer you will ensure the delivery of high-quality software. You will be working with modern technologies like Spring and development on web services. You will contribute to the development on the integration layer and software architecture connecting our front-end applications to the backend. The development team embraces the agile way of working. Personal initiative is appreciated and will be given full scope. As a Java Developer you will report to the Application Delivery Manager.
The primary duties will be to:
· Create high-quality software that fits the needs of the business;
· Continue building and sharing the knowledge of the team;
· Deliver the right project results in a timely manner;
· Put software into production and to maintain the pace of production;
· Draw up or support and amend functional and technical documentation.
The development team is an important section of the ICT department and currently comprises five members of staff from diverse background. Our team and company is internationally oriented where English is the working language. The development team works closely with departments in Gent and London. Our work encompasses existing and new applications as well as the integration of these with internal and external systems. Together with the Marketing, Operations, Project and Product Management departments, the team devise solutions to enable optimum fulfilment of the targets set.
Who are you?
We are looking for an IT professional with Java experience. In these years you have built up excellent development skills and have the motivation to extend the Java knowledge to a medior/senior level.
· Level of education and experience equivalent to higher academic / vocational;
· A minimum of 2-5 years of work experience in a similar software development role;
· Extensive, demonstrable knowledge and experience in Java;
· Excellent development skills with regard to:
· Java (J2EE Concepts), Spring, Web Services, Java Script, SQL;
· Knowledge of Outsystems or PHP is a bonus;
· Good organizational & planning skills;
· Able to work independently;
· Flexible in terms of working hours (no 9-5 mentality);
· Communication skills;
· Team player;
· Good command of English (spoken and written) is essential;