This is a conversion flex / deta-vast position: candidate will work via Expat Professionals for the first year and then transfer to the payroll of ASML.
As a support engineer within the Engineering IT Services Hardware group you are providing 1st and 2nd line support to ASML’s Research and Development organization, in particular the electronics designers and analytics engineers. The engineering environment is used by more than 8000 research and development engineers, worldwide.
When working as a support engineer at ASML you will have the opportunity to grow in your job and improve your skills in the following areas:
- Focus on multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and Technical Computing/Analytics applications.
- Support Engineering processes, assist with Design questions and Application support (knowledgeable support desk).
- Take ownership on reported issues, and escalate when needed.
- Work in close alignment on a team of multiple support engineers.
- You will be part of the Engineering IT Services HW team consisting of more than 30 people, with 6 support engineers.
- Intake of end-user calls via phone, mail or support system; align with end-users on issue definition.
- Handle support calls, try to solve issues immediately, or create incidents to follow-up. Monitor progress of open tickets.
- Incident management and identifying problems for supported Services, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area.
- Support and handle standardized requests from engineering.
- Participate as technical IT support engineer in running projects within the team.
- Investigate and suggest non-standard changes with a limited scope.
- Deliver support on IT services based on Windows and Linux.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions.
- Perform limited application and infrastructure testing as part of change or escalation management.
- Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular Electrical Engineering applications, HDL design and/or Technical Computing/Analytics applications.
- Basic understanding and practical experience with:
- Shell scripting
- Linux / Windows OS knowledge.
- MS Office applications.
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach, problem solving
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Analytical skills
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills and proficiency in the Dutch and English language.
- Embedded systems
- Smart system design
- Cable design
- Mentor Graphics
Context of the position
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering.
As an IT Engineering Support Engineer you will be active in the Hardware/Electrical Engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware of the IT EIS department.