This is a conversion flex / deta-vast position: candidate will work via Expat Professionals for the first year and then transfer to the payroll of ASML.
The Electrical Engineering environment at ASML worldwide is used by more than 650 research and development engineers. Are you the IT Application Expert who supports our Electrical Engineers to get the most out of their state-of-the-art integrated CAD design tools?
As an Application Support Expert within the Engineering IT Services (EIS) Hardware group you are responsible for deployment of industry-standard ECAD applications, and for implementing Changes on the IT infrastructure to support ASML’s Research and Development, in particular the electronics designers.
When working as an IT Engineering Application Support Expert at ASML you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and improve your skills in the following domains:
- Focus on Multi-disciplinary Engineering processes and engineering applications
- Supporting engineering infrastructure (Linux/Windows hosting, storage, databases, remote workplaces)
- Building and maintaining expert knowledge on Engineering applications, driving improvements in Way of Working and Engineering efficiency
You will work in close cooperation with the internal customer and Solution Team Domain Architect.
You will be part of the EIS HW team consisting of more than 30 people, with 5 Electrical Engineering Application Support Experts.
- 3rd line support for engineering applications and services, be IT expert for selected IT engineering services
- Analyze business processes to understand questions from the business
- Review, select and deploy new (versions of) CAD tools, mainly in the Electrical Engineering area
- Execute non-standard changes and projects for supported Engineering IT Services and related applications according ITIL process
- Support / take ownership of requests from engineering, and help to solve these requests
- Participate as technical IT support expert in running projects within the IT team
- Deliver expert support on IT services based on Windows and Linux
- Define improvement proposals that focus on system performance and process efficiency for end-users.
- Drive progress towards internal and external partners for implementation of solutions
- Keep abreast with relevant literature, means and methods
- Bachelor level or equivalent in Electrical Engineering, Embedded Systems or Information Technology.
- At least 3 years of relevant and proven experience in multi-user, multi-site, multi-platform, multi-SW, mixed HW development environments
- Knowledge of Engineering Applications is a pre, in particular Electrical Engineering applications
Understanding and practical experience with:
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell scripting, (Bash, CSH, KSH, SH), Perl, Python, VBS, …)
- Knowledge of programming
- Development environments
- Unix/Linux server infrastructure
- Windows server infrastructure
- Multiple virtualization techniques
- MS Office applications
- Highly motivated team player
- Shows initiative and problem solving attitude
- Independent, accurate, systematic approach
- Pragmatic, practical, flexible and committed to quality
- Strong analytical skills
- Ambitious and with a pro-active, initiating attitude.
- Ability to plan and set priorities.
- Team worker, good social skills, service and customer-oriented
- Think practical on the impact of decisions for end-customer / user
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
Context of the position
At ASML we invent, develop and manufacture world-leading high tech lithography machines for our chip making customers. These tailor-made machines can image billions of structures in a few seconds with an accuracy of a few silicon atoms. Our headquarters are located in the heart of the Eindhoven region, also known as ‘Brainport’, Europe’s top tech hub.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and key business processes across ASML. The IT
infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
A department within the IT organization is EIS (Engineering IT Services); this department is responsible for the engineering infrastructure services and applications/tooling for ASML’s research and development organization. We ensure that these services are running in an optimal way and we look at innovating the services. We also support the IT applications that are used at ASML.
IT EIS supports three development disciplines: mechanical, electrical and software engineering. As an Application Support Expert you will be active in the Hardware/Electrical Engineering group, supporting engineering applications for complete D&E and Research worldwide. You will report to the Solution Team Manager Hardware of the IT EIS department.